A new opening has arisen for a Customs Director with this global freight forwarder. They are looking for a senior customs expert to work across the business, manage a team and develop and maintain all Customs policies and procedures.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing, interpreting, and informing the company of new and pending legal or regulatory changes that could potentially affect business practices.
- Working with management to develop and implement strategic planning activities ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Subject matter expertise providing practical support and leadership.
- Key point of contact / responsible with regulatory and governmental bodies.
- Ensure compliance to all AEO standards and ensuring the business maintains its AEO certification.
- Own the review and implementation of new customs clearance software solutions.
- Overall responsibility for the development of best-in-class training programmes.
To apply you will need to be based in the UK and have a strong knowledge and experience of UK and EU customs regulations. You will need experience of working in a multinational customs environment and a proven track record at managing large customs clearance teams. Expert knowledge of UK customs systems, for example CHIEF/CDS, Descartes ICE/E-Customs will be an advantage. For further details including a full job description please get in contact.