Who are we?
BLT’s Company Secretarial and Corporate Governance Team (known as CSS) is long-established as a leader in the field.
- CSS has been recruiting Company Secretaries and Corporate Governance specialists since 1988.
- The team is well-established and has built up strong, long-term business relationships, based on a comprehensive understanding of the company secretarial function and its interaction across the business, senior executive and boardroom.
- The team is Caroline Evans and Nicola Cattini, together offering over 25 years’ recruitment experience.
What we do
- Our work covers the whole spectrum of permanent and interim roles across a range of industries and sectors.
- We handle appointments at all levels from Corporate Governance Policy Developers and Group Company Secretaries to Trainee Company Secretarial Assistants.
- We offer flexible, forward thinking and commercially viable resourcing solutions.
- We deliver a dedicated ‘quick response’ interim register for stop-gap support, maternity/sickness covers and one-off consultancy or project assignments.
- Our work goes far beyond the day job of recruiting. We actively contribute to the growth and rising profile of the Company Secretarial and Corporate Governance discipline – we regularly present at industry groups and are often asked to contribute to thought leadership discussions.
- We are active supporters of various professional bodies representing the industry; the ICSA and City Livery Company.
- We sponsor the ‘One to Watch’ Award of the ICSA’s Excellence in Governance programme.
- We produce a comprehensive biannual Salary Survey & Market Report; please mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive your copy.
CSS operates across all sectors, structures and sizes of organisations, from start-up to blue-chip corporates and professional practices/consultancies to third sector organisations.
Our client base is broad and varied – some names: Barclays, CCLA Investment Management, Circle Partnership, CITCO Ltd, Close Brothers Group, Diageo, Ernst & Young, easyJet plc, Fox Williams, Friends Life, Gerald Edelman, GSK, Goodwills, Harbottle & Lewis, haysmacintyre, Hermes Fund Management, Jupiter Asset Management, Lloyds Banking Group, Man Group, Moat Homes Ltd, Nexen Energy Services, Octopus Investments, Premier Foods plc, PricewaterhouseCoopers, RBS, Severn Trent, Structured Finance Management Ltd, Tate & Lyle, Tesco, The Oil and Pipelines Agency, Ultra Electronic Holdings plc and many many more.
Looking for a job? Why choose us?
- We are niche, responsive and supportive.
- We have in-depth knowledge of the Company Secretarial and Corporate Governance arena, supported by formal training and we understand its complex interactions across other disciplines.
- We are able to offer you long term career advice as you progress your Company Secretarial/Corporate Governance career.
- We work hard to ensure that we have a clear understanding of business structures and corporate cultures to ensure the roles you apply for are right for you as an individual.
- We prioritise personal motivations and what’s important to you.
- We have an ability to think laterally and creatively on your behalf.
- We deliver a constructive feedback throughout the interview process.
- We respect difference and embrace change.
- We have an ethical approach; your CV won’t be sent anywhere without your permission.
- We offer a consultative style of working; you’ll find us efficient, friendly and willing to go the extra mile on your behalf.